We're not hiring at the moment - but that can always change! Apply here and we'll keep your resume on file in case a position becomes available.
Must be comfortable working with the public and in a fast paced environment.
This is a safe practices work space with masking and distancing. New employees must test negative for COVID prior to their first shift.
We have a staff diverse in age, gender, race and class. You are welcome here.
Bookseller Duties include:
· Providing Friendly, Accurate and Consistent Customer Service
· Processing online orders - this includes picking books from the shelves, placing them on hold, attending to curbside pickup, packaging books to be shipped, etc.
Alphabetizing and shelving books, which includes
o Sometimes carrying boxes of books
o Sometimes carrying books up and down stairs
· Keeping up to date on current popular books
· Keeping the bookstore clean
· Balancing the cash drawer
· Taking and relaying accurate phone messages
Other duties as needed
- Priority is given to applicants who have worked with books either in a bookstore or a library.
- Priority is given to applicants who have retail experience. Left Bank Books serves a diverse community – readers. You should have an appreciation and respect for people of all races, genders, sexual orientation, socio-economic class etc.
- You should have a general knowledge of basic computer skills. We'll train you to use our quirky inventory system, but it's best if you have a good beginning.
- You should have a flexible schedule. Nights and weekends are pretty important.
- We allow a monthly book credit for each of our booksellers.
- Our employees receive a discount on books they purchase.
- Full-time employees receive free health care and dental benefits.
- Full-time employees receive vacation time after one year of service.
- Many of our booksellers are poets, artists, teachers and activists. You're sure to find kindred spirits here.
- You'll have the opportunity to meet many fascinating authors as they tour through St. Louis.