Saturday, April 27, All Day!
Left Bank Books
Last Saturday in April: Join the Party! Independent Bookstore Day is a one-day national party that takes place at indie bookstores across the country on the last Saturday in April. Every store is unique and independent, and every party is different. But in addition to authors, live music, scavenger hunts, kids events, readings, contests, and other fun stuff, there are exclusive books and literary items that you can only get on that day. Not before. Not after. Not online.
Independent bookstores are not just stores, we're community centers and local anchors run by passionate readers. We are entire universes of ideas that contain the possibility of real serendipity. We are lively performance spaces and quiet places where aimless perusal is a day well spent. In a world of tweets and algorithms and pageless digital downloads, bookstores are not a dying anachronism. We are living, breathing organisms that continue to grow and expand. In fact, there are more of us this year than there were last year. And we are at your service.
This year's featured events include:
10AM: Back by popular demand - the One-Hour Used Book Sale! All used books will be Buy One, Get One 50% off between 10am and 11am!
11AM: A special Independent Bookstore Day children's storytime!
4PM: Pre-Party with Shane! Enjoy complimentary happy hour drinks with LBB's resident book whisperer, who will preview exciting upcoming titles, as well as a few of his favorite new releases. Plus, attendees will get a special discount on any titles pre-ordered during the party! Space is limited, RSVPs are required to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Day Activities
– Limited Edition Merchandise ONLY available at participating independent bookstores (like us) on April 27!
– Get your 2019 St. Louis Independent Bookstore Day Passport! Visit each of the stores featured in the passport on April 27 and you'll get 20% off any purchase at each of the participating stores!
– Blind date with a book! For a donation of any amount to the Left Bank Books Foundation, choose a wrapped mystery book (with a few helpful context clues) to take home with you!
– Take your photo with a special Left Bank Books 50th Anniversary backdrop!
– Write and share your favorite Left Bank Books memory on a special 50th Anniversary display! You'll also be able to record a video testimonial to be featured in our special 50th Anniversary Video!
– Watch social media for special giveaways and promotions throughout the day!