Monday, April 16, 7pm
Ethical Society of St. Louis
This event is now AT CAPACITY. The Wait List is now CLOSED.
Left Bank Books welcomes actress and St. Louis native Jenna Fischer, who will sign and discuss her new book, The Actor's Life: A Survival Guide!
Jenna Fischer's Hollywood journey began at the age of 22 when she moved to Los Angeles from her hometown of St. Louis. With a theater degree in hand, she was determined, confident, and ready to work hard. So, what could go wrong? Uh, basically everything. It would be eight long years before she landed her iconic role on The Office, nearly a decade of frustration, struggle, rejection and doubt. With amusing candor and wit, Fischer spells out the nuts and bolts of getting established in the profession, based on her own memorable and hilarious experiences. Her inspiring, helpful guidance feels like a trusted friend who’s made the journey, and has now returned to walk beside you, pointing out the pitfalls as you blaze your own path towards the life of a professional actor.
"I loved reading Jenna's honest and sincere appraisal of the actualities of breaking into, finding one’s way, and then thriving in this business. I hope it is given out as a guidebook of sorts to any young actor when they land at LAX." —Jon Hamm
– This event is free and open to the public, but RSVPs are REQUIRED to guarantee admission to the event.
– Proof of purchase of The Actor's Life from Left Bank Books will be REQUIRED to enter the signing line.
– If you have pre-purchased your copy of The Actor's Life from Left Bank Books, receipt or proof of purchase will be REQUIRED to enter the signing line.
– Jenna will only sign copies of The Actor's Life.
– Jenna will personalize copies of The Actor's Life for attendees.
– Jenna will not be posing for photos. Attendees will be able to take candid photos from the line and while Jenna signs your book.