Tuesday, May 19, 7pm
Left Bank Books
THIS BOOK GROUP MEETING IS BEING MOVED ONLINE. EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org FOR MEETING LINK.
Join Shakespeare Festival Reads for a reading group discussion of Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare!
Set in a courtly world of masked revels and dances, this play turns on the archetypal story of a lady falsely accused of unfaithfulness, spurned by her bridegroom, and finally vindicated and reunited with him. Villainy, schemes, and deceits threaten to darken the brilliant humor and sparkling wordplay–but the hilarious counterplot of a warring couple, Beatrice and Benedick, steals the scene as the two are finally tricked into admitting their love for each other in Shakespeare’s superb comedy of manners.
Each Edition Includes:
• Comprehensive explanatory notes
• Vivid introductions and the most up-to-date scholarship
• Clear, modernized spelling and punctuation, enabling contemporary readers to understand the Elizabethan English
• Completely updated, detailed bibliographies and performance histories
• An interpretive essay on film adaptations of the play, along with an extensive filmography
Get Measure for Measure for 20% off in store and online during the months of April and May!
Parking: Lot one block north; street parking (meters free after 7pm). For directions and public transportation information, click here.