UPDATE - Read the whole story HERE
Watch Mark Tiedemann, Ann Leckie, Kevin Killeen and Scott Phillips colaborate on a story here:
Join us in celebrating our 45th birthday with a special Writers Under Glass event! Authors Mark Tiedemann
(Gravity Box and Other Spaces
), Ann Leckie
), Kevin Killeen
(Try to Kiss a Girl
), and Scott Phillips
) will be writing a collaborative short story live in our store window! Come inside for cake and beverages, to submit curveballs, and chat with special guest Heather Brewer! Follow #WritersUnderGlass on Twitter
for live updates!
1) One writer in the box at a time.
2) Writers cannot change a word of what another has written. If the person before you wrote a Justin Beiber space opera, you must continue the Justin Beiber space opera - or write your way out of it!
3) Anyone in the audience can submit a suggestion to the authors - do you want there to be a gorilla on the next page? Do you want the next ten sentences to rhyme? Come inside and throw us a curveball! Authors MUST use selected curveballs or face the wrath of the MC! (Submitting a curveball enters you into a free raffle to win a fabulous Left Bank Books prize!
4) When your turn's up, your turn's up! The next writer will finish the sentence.
5) There are no rules! (Except those listed above, of course.)
Phil, a time traveling private investigator, has come back to stop the theft of a rare first edition. He knows is the book was in Left Bank Books. He doesn't know the title, doesn't know the author - but it has a red cover.
Submit your story suggestions in person or on Twitter using #writersunderglass in your post and you'll automatically be entered to win a prize. --
- Left Bank Books Tote Bag
- $15 Gift Certificate to Left Bank Books
- Pack of Advanced Reading Copies of upcoming books.
- A Free Poster
- A Left Bank Books Mug
One entry per idea (just don't abuse the system). You don't need to be here when the prizes are announced, but you do need to pick up your prize at the store.