Life Lessons from Hip-Hop (Kobo eBook)
Hip-hop meets self-help, with advice on creativity, self-belief, productivity, and more from rap's most influential voices.
Adopt a hip-hop mindset to take control of your own narrative and become the best version of yourself with 50 must-read lessons on creativity and self help that will inspire a new generation.
Grant Brydon has interviewed some of the biggest names in hip-hop. Here he shares the creative directions and tips derived from one-on-one conversations with Pharrell Williams, J Cole, Big Sean, Nipsey Hussle, and many more.
With chapters covering motivation, creativity, authenticity, reinventions, mental wellbeing, resilience, and more, the advice gleaned from these important artists' life experiences will help you to face up to your own challenges and inspire you to make simple changes that have major positive consequences. Lessons include:
- Grammy award-winning hip-hop- legend Nas on Maintaining Focus on What's Important
- Kenny Beats - producer of Vince Staples and Ed Sheeran - on the dangers of overthinking
- Grammy nominated Freddie Gibbs on Integrity,
- Apple Radio show host Joe Kay on maintaining a healthy body and mind
- Mac Miller on reinvention