Habits That Changed Everything: Change Your Life with Good Habits and Regain Your Power to Be Happy (Paperback)
Habits That Changed Everything is a book about the author's personal journey to a better life. In this book, you'll hear the voice of someone who found himself on the receiving end of a slap upside the head delivered by fate itself.
From spending 5 nights a week on a barstool at the corner bar while nurturing a two-pack-a-day cigarette smoking habit and eating way too much fried food and ramen, our hero catapulted himself into a life filled with satisfaction and happiness.
Does it sound too good to be true? Well, it's not. This book is about finding the "you" that was always in there, lurking in the fog of whatever bad habits you've become a slave to. But it's not just about losing those bad habits. This book explores exchanging bad habits for good ones.
The author not only reduced his reliance on alcohol as a social lubricant; this brave soul also cut his cigarette smoking down to almost nothing by reviving his passion for long-distance cross country running.
Who knew that you couldn't run over hill and dale with a lit cigarette dangling from the corner of your mouth?
All it took was one horrible incident to change the author's attitude and set the wheels of change in motion. Sometimes, a horrible incident is exactly what the doctor ordered
In this book, you'll discover
- The amazing power of embarrassing yourself in front of your entire family
- That breaking bad habit means grieving your former unhappy, unhealthy lifestyle
- That your "friends" were never really friends and that they can be readily replaced
- How to figure out what caused you to form habits that are out to get you (into an early grave)
- The Top 10 Reasons to Lose the Booze
- All about Moderation Maintenance and how you can adapt it to your individual needs
- How exercise can make you understand what heavy smoking is doing to your body and wellbeing
- The Top 10 Reasons to Cut Down on Your Smoking
- Why sustainability is a keyword in any lifestyle change you want to make stick
- Why fast food is not food
- How real food revolutionizes your life, health, and wellbeing (and fuels your good habits)
- The Top 10 Reasons to Reduce Your Fast Food Intake
- Why do you need to drink enough water (and not just for your skin)
- How you can learn to love yourself so others can love you, too
- How bad habits sabotage your life and happiness
- How to get back into a social life that's healthy and honest
- How pre-adult trauma can set us up for bad habits
- Habits that change your life examples
- Why this moment is the only moment that matters.
In Habits That Changed Everything, you'll meet someone just like you - an average person who'd gone off the rails and wanted to get back on the cheery choo-choo train of life.
Join the author for a first-person journey to a better, happier life, driven by self-love and the good habits that change everything.