Lonely Planet Epic Hikes of Australia & New Zealand 1 (Hardcover)
Lace up your hiking boots for the next in Lonely Planet’s highly successful Epic Hikes series, this time exploring 50 of Australia and New Zealand’s most rewarding treks and trails. From the Routeburn Track in New Zealand’s South Island to the Cape to Cape walk in Western Australia’s Leeuwin-Naturaliste National Park, we cover a huge variety of themes and experiences across routes that range from one-day walks to multi-day treks.
A vibrant cover once again illustrated by Ross Murray continues this collectible series.
Each of the 50 featured hikes includes:
- First-person accounts from writers who have completed the hike
- Challenge level grading: easy / harder / epic
- Inspirational photography, maps and practical information to follow in the writer’s footsteps
- Orientation toolkit: when is the best time of year to hike, how to get there, special equipment required
- Expert travel advice: where to stay, recommended tours, the best places to eat
- Suggestions for similar hikes
Whether you’re a seasoned hiker or a novice embarking on your very first trek, Epic Hikes of Australia and New Zealand will inspire a lifetime of adventures on foot.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and phrasebooks for 120 languages, and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, videos, 14 languages, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more, enabling you to explore every day.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' – New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' – Fairfax Media (Australia)