PE Civil Practice Problems
contains over 900 problems designed to reinforce your knowledge of the topics presented in the PE Civil Reference Manual. Short, six-minute, multiple-choice problems follow the NCEES PE Civil exam problem format and focus on individual engineering concepts. Longer, more complex problems challenge your skills in identifying and applying related engineering concepts. Problems will also familiarize you with the codes and standards you’ll use on the exam.
Solutions are clearly written, complete, and easy to follow. U.S. customary and SI units are equally supported, and units are meticulously identified and carried through in all calculations. All solution methodologies permitted by the NCEES PE Civil exam (e.g., ASD and LRFD) are presented. Frequent references to figures, tables, equations, and appendices in the PE Civil Reference Manual and the exam-adopted codes and standards will direct you to relevant support material.Topics Covered:
- Civil Breadth Project Planning; Means and Methods; Soil Mechanics; Structural Mechanics; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Geometrics; Materials; Site Development
- Construction Earthwork Construction and Layout; Estimating Quantities and Costs; Construction Operations and Methods; Scheduling; Material Quality Control and Production; Temporary Structures; Health and Safety
- Geotechnical Site Characterization; Soil Mechanics, Laboratory Testing, and Analysis; Field Materials Testing, Methods, and Safety; Earthquake Engineering and Dynamic Loads; Earth Structures; Groundwater and Seepage; Problematic Soil and Rock Conditions; Earth Retaining Structures; Shallow Foundations; Deep Foundations
- Structural Analysis of Structures; Design and Details of Structures; Codes and Construction
- Transportation Traffic Engineering; Horizontal Design; Vertical Design; Intersection Geometry; Roadside and Cross-Section Design; Signal Design; Traffic Control Design; Geotechnical and Pavement; Drainage; Alternatives Analysis
- Water Resources and Environmental Analysis and Design; Hydraulics–Closed Conduit; Hydraulics–Open Channel; Hydrology; Groundwater and Wells; Wastewater Collection and Treatment; Water Quality; Drinking Water Distribution and Treatment; Engineering Economic Analysis
- Over 900 practice problems to help prepare you for the NCEES PE Civil Exam.
- Frequent references to figures, tables, equations, and appendices in the PE Civil Reference Manual.
- Binding: Paperback
- Publisher: PPI, A Kaplan Company