Say Yes to the Marquess: Castles Ever After (Mass Market)
USA Today Bestseller
Your presence is requested at romantic Twill Castle for the wedding of Miss Clio Whitmore and . . . and . . . ?
After eight years of waiting for Piers Brandon, the wandering Marquess of Granville, to set a wedding date, Clio Whitmore has had enough. She's inherited a castle, scraped together some pride, and made plans to break her engagement.
Not if Rafe Brandon can help it. A ruthless prizefighter and notorious rake, Rafe is determined that Clio will marry his brother—even if he has to plan the dratted wedding himself.
So how does a hardened fighter cure a reluctant bride's cold feet?
- He starts with flowers. Ladies can't have too many flowers. Or harps. Or cakes.
- He lets her know she'll make a beautiful, desirable bride— and tries not to picture her as his.
- He doesn't kiss her.
- If he kisses her, he definitely doesn't kiss her again.
- When all else fails, he puts her in a stunning gown and vows not to be nearby when the gown comes off.
- And no matter what—he doesn't fall in disastrous, hopeless love with the one woman he can never call his own.
Tessa Dare is the New York Times bestselling, award-winning author of more than a dozen historical romances. A librarian by training and a book-lover at heart, Tessa makes her home in Southern California, where she shares a cozy, cluttered bungalow with her husband, their two children, and a pair of cosmic kittens.
“Dare continues her Castles Ever After series with another cleverly crafted love story that hits all the high notes. A sparkling, emotionally lush romance.” — Kirkus Reviews (starred review)
“Inheriting a Castles Ever After title is a life-changing experience, one that comes with surprises, unexpected romance, meddlesome friends and family, a wonderful hero and a strong-willed heroine. There’s also fun, passion and true love delivered in true Dare fashion!” — RT Book Reviews (top pick)
“Dare excels at storytelling, creating a powerful, believable romance that evokes a plethora of emotions.” — Publishers Weekly
“…my best advice to fans of historical romance is to say yes to the books of Tessa Dare.” — Heroes and Heartbreakers