***Our used book buying period has changed. We'll now be buying from the 15th-end of the month (most months). Please call ahead to confirm that we are buying.*** UPDATED: 05/11/2015
We typically purchase gently used books on the spot for the first 15 days of each month (except September and December). Books brought into the store when the buyer is not present will be assessed the following business day at the earliest. We offer store credit only for your used books. This store credit is valid for five years. We recommend taking books intended for donation to the charity of your choice.
A few more things to know about our policies:
- House calls are not an option.
- We have a five (5) box/bag maximum.
- Do not bring your books in trash bags or giant boxes.
- Boxes/bags must be relatively portable.
- Please allow 15-30 minutes for our book buyers to go through your books.
- Moldy, smelly, or water damaged books will be tossed in the dumpster and cannot be donated.
Books we DO NOT accept:
- Computer Books
- Travel Guides
- Volume Sets (Encyclopedias, Time Life, etc.)
- Romance (Harlequin, Brava, Regency, etc.)
- Audio Books
- Non-books: CDs, DVDs, VHS, Casettes...
- Moldy, smelly (smoky), or soiled books
We cannot provide adequate compensation for Rare or Antique Books, so please consider other options:
Dunaway Books (South of Grand & Arsenal) 314-771-7150
Hammonds Books & Antiques (Cherokee St. & Selena) 314-776-4737