We are not taking used books in the month of June 2014. We will begin taking them again in July. See you then!
Bringing in your gently used books: *UPDATED 4/24/2012*
We purchase gently used books on the spot, Monday through Friday, 10am to 6pm, for the first fifteen days of each month (except September and December). Books brought into the store after 6:00PM or during weekend hours will be assessed the following business day at the earliest. We offer store credit only for your used books. This store credit is valid for five years. We recommend taking books intended for donation to the charity of your choice. We no longer donate books for you.
A few more things to know about our policies:
- All used books are processed through our Central West End location!
- House calls are not an option.
- We have a five (5) box/bag maximum.
- Do not bring your books in trash bags or giant boxes.
- Boxes/bags must be relatively portable.
- Please allow 15-30 minutes for our book buyers to go through your books.
- Moldy, smelly, or water damaged books will be tossed in the dumpster and cannot be donated.
Books we DO NOT accept:
- Computer Books
- Travel Guides
- Volume Sets (Encyclopedias, Time Life, etc.)
- Romance (Harlequin, Brava, Regency, etc.)
- Audio Books
- Non-books: CDs, DVDs, VHS, Casettes...
- Moldy, smelly (smoky), or soiled books
We cannot provide adequate compensation for Rare or Antique Books, so please consider other options:
Dunaway Books (South of Grand & Arsenal) 314-771-7150
Hammonds Books & Antiques (Cherokee St. & Selena) 314-776-4737