Left Bank Books and Fifth Third Bank present:
Tony La Russa and the Official Launch Party for his
Memoir, One Last Strike
Monday, September 24, 2012
Noon - 5 pm
Left Bank Books Downtown
321 North 10th at Locust, 63101
- Meet Tony La Russa
- Get your own first edition copy of One Last Strike autographed and personalized.
- Have your picture taken with Tony La Russa by a professional photographer from Studio 314
Enjoy the street party on Locust between 10th and 11th featuring
- Food and craft beer from Bailey’s Range
- Live Music
- Souvenirs by local purveyors
- Family Friendly Fun
This offer is available exclusively at Left Bank Books on September 24 (all others must wait until September 25 to get the book!!!)
- Tickets available through Brown Paper Tickets
- One ticket admits up to two adults and two children
- One ticket includes: one to three copies of One Last Strike to be autographed and personalized by Tony La Russa
How do I get my books and ticket?
Go to Brown Paper Tickets and select the option you want—purchasing 1-3 copies of One Last Strike and receive one family-sized ticket. (up to two adults and two children)
Come to Left Bank Books at 10th and Locust September 24th and pick up your book(s)/ticket.
Book pickup begins at 10am at the Left Bank Books booth on Locust and Tenth.
How do I get my books autographed?
Group numbers will be issued on a first come-first served basis when you pick up your book(s). Group numbers are not event tickets. They are intended to allow you to enjoy the party until your group is called. When your group is called you will line up at the front door of Left Bank Books to meet Tony and get your book(s) autographed. (It works kind of like boarding an airplane). In the meantime, you can enjoy the music, browse the souvenirs, play games, sip a craft beer, have some lunch prepared by Bailey’s Range!
What will Tony Sign?
- Tony will ONLY sign copies of One Last Strike purchased from Left Bank Books through Brown Paper Tickets. Since the book is available on September 24 EXCLUSIVELY through Left Bank Books, this should not be a problem.
- Tony will ONLY sign up to THREE copies of One Last Strike per person/ticket. He will also personalize them. Personalizing means he will write To Jane. It does NOT mean he will write messages such as “Happy Birthday”, or “To the Best Closing Pitcher Ever.” Left Bank Books staffers will be moving through the line to put your name on a post it in the book. This makes Tony very happy because he won’t have to ask you to spell your name.
- Tony will NOT SIGN ANYTHING ELSE INCLUDING: THE BOOK THREE NIGHTS IN AUGUST, BASEBALLS, BASEBALL CARDS, PHOTOS, JERSEYS, BATS, BABIES, SKIN. In order to make sure everyone gets their copy of One Last Strike autographed, this policy must be respected.
- To ensure that everyone has a chance to meet Tony, and to make the line process safe and comfortable, we will be checking your belongings at the front of the signing line free of charge and returning them to you when you exit the signing line.
- ABSOLUTELY NO POSED PICTURES WITH PERSONAL CAMERAS OR CELL PHONES. CELL PHONES MAY BE CONFISCATED DURING THE SIGNING IF YOU TRY TO USE THEM FOR PICTURES AT THE FRONT OF THE LINE. Our professional photographer will create a memorable picture for you.
Tony La Russa, the best baseball manager ever, has graciously consented to sign and personalize up to three copies of his new memoir for you and to pose briefly for a professional photograph. He will be working non-stop for 5 hours (longer than a baseball game) to achieve this. That’s a long time to sign, but to get everyone’s book(s) signed, it is necessary to focus exclusively on One Last Strike. Let’s show Tony how much we love him and respect the rules!
Where can I park?
All downtown garages and pay lots, as well as metered parking, are open for business.
The 8th & Pine Metro station is two blocks from our store.
Save time and money - ride your bike to the event! Free, secure bicycle parking at the Downtown Bicycle Station will be provided via Urban Shark at 1009 Locust.
What if it rains?
Be happy for the farmers and bring your umbrella. There will be limited shelter available but, just like when you attend a Cardinals game, you will be outside most of the time. Dress for the weather!
There will be food, non-alcoholic beverages and beer available for purchase through Bailey’s Range at the street party on Locust. There are many other restaurants and coffee shops in the immediate area including Park Avenue Coffee, Local Harvest, Mosaic, and Pi Pizzeria if you want to grab something else.
Adequate number of porta-potties will be stationed at the party.
In the unlikely event that there is a medical emergency, Urgent Care clinic is one block away.
This event is wheelchair accessible.